Sherlock and Ice Sculpting

Hello again, everyone. I am back from my unexpected French travels, having arrived this week. So far, so good - I managed to catch up to the first two episodes of Sherlock, which I had been waiting for with great impatience. I didn't dislike them, but I feel a little strange about them. There was a certain aspect to them in the first two series that is missing in the third one. I did enjoy the episodes, though - with Benedict Cumberbatch's face present in nearly every scene, I'll never be truly dissatisfied.. My favourite line so far probably has to be "He's clueing for looks".

Today was a very successful Sunday. I made brunch for the family, then set off to Canary Wharf to check out the ice sculptures created for the London Ice Sculpting Festival.
























After a (real Belgian) hot chocolate, it was time for my mother and me to try some sculpting of our own.. Our session went by quickly - we had less than twenty minutes, but we were very happy with our work!


My Travel Monkey


Comments

  1. Very cool. And I love that you got to try your hand at it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Trying it was a lot of fun, and the ice didn't chip away with too much difficulty - wish we'd had more time to enjoy the process!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for reading, I'd love to know a little about your thoughts. Or you could just say hi! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Promises - Poem

The Little Prince Inspired Poem

Wrong Turn on a Holiday Walk