Translation Thursday, Arabic and Spanish Poetry

New watercolour fox for #FoxyFeb

As I am writing this, I am trying not to panic about the essay I should be working on. The end of February/beginning of March is always a very busy time in students' lives. Last week was almost entirely spent on filming and editing a short film for one of my classes, and the weekend was used to catch up on coursework I didn't have time to write due to filming. So far, I've translated a cover letter into French, and written an essay debating the quote "poetry makes nothing happen" (W.H. Auden).
Unfortunately, it is not over. In the past few hours, I've written a grand total of two sentences - one for my second essay, and one for my novel excerpt translation. I go to class, and nearly everyone looks completely out of it. We're all exhausted, burnt out, save a select few. (Can I really trust a student who isn't tired as the end of the semester looms over us?)

I've not much writing left in me at the moment, so here are some links instead. Enjoy!

Modern Poetry in Translation are fundraising for an exciting art and poetry collaboration - help them raise money and get a lovely postcard/ art print as a thank you. (Donate here).

It's Translation Thursday on Twitter, and, as always, I like to make poetry a part of it. "Some of Them Live with You" is a poem by Al-Saddiq Al-Raddi, whom I have mentioned in a previous blog post.
"Black Poplars" is a poem by Pedro Serrano.
Click here and here to read the poems in their original language, Arabic and Spanish.

For more links to articles, poetry, and general language and writing fun, have a look at The Tiger's News Star, a collection of all the interesting things posted by those I follow on Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises - Poem

The Little Prince Inspired Poem

Wrong Turn on a Holiday Walk