Lunes, Lines, Languages


Catching up with yesterday, and writing a poem for today. First one is a lune.

--

He Had Purple Shoes

And his name?
I could have asked him.
I prefer mysteries.

--

Si Les Souhaits Etaient Des Chevaux.. Des Cheveux?


What's that word I look for
that starts with a, with a, with a..
L? 

No maybe it was an N
Nooooo
Neh neh neh

That sounds wrong...

Como, como, como

I don't speak perfect Spanish or perfect
a n y t h i n g
really.
Do you?

Sure, I could be working harder and not be so lazy
But those umlauts and tildes and oh Finnish numbers
are so eeeeaaaaasy -
I mean, have you tried counting 
or
or

Do you think it is
IMPOSSIBLE
HARDEST LANGUAGE
TOO OLD
for
learning?

Well tell me then, when is one
meant to learn if the
cut-off age you say is
6
14
or
three???

Really, three?

So I suppose all our lives are lies and
if we weren't born bilingual it's rotten.

Tell me how many learn guitar at two
Or reading at one and
now tell me why
languages are so special?

Now let me tell you, rotten old spoilsport
You're just mustasukkainen
and much mistaken

Yo alucino..

--

Disclaimer: These are poems I won't be spending a lot of time on. As such, I don't expect perfection (neither do I need it). However feel free to tell me what you think about them, and if you enjoy certain lines more than others - I'm quite OK with constructive criticism!

Are you participating in NaPo? Do you write poetry? Feel free to comment below and leave a link to your day one poems, and any general comments you wish to leave.

Comments

  1. I love the internal dialogue here and the constant questioning and then bang! Now let me tell you, rotten old spoilsport You're just mustasukkainen and much mistaken
    Yo alucino.. Nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! It's a bit of a mix between stream of conciousness and.. experiments.. hehe

      Delete
  2. SO!! We both seem to be playing catch up?? ;)

    I'm not quite sure I could do sumit like this BUT we stick at what we know we can do and in you case K you do it quite well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I was way too tired yesterday after going to lil knit/dinner/cluedo meet-up.. ;) I'm not even following the prompts most days! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. That was quite a lesson : Dank you, ευχαριστίες (couldn't help myself with this one)
    Thanks for your visit. I got a chance to meet quite a character :-)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I'm pleased you like it! Well, I can't pronounce the second word, but I appreciate the meaning! ;)

      Delete
  4. Always a kick to listen in on a poet's conversation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for reading, I'd love to know a little about your thoughts. Or you could just say hi! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Promises - Poem

The Little Prince Inspired Poem

Wrong Turn on a Holiday Walk