The Great Catch Up Day - Poem #20



Modified prompt from day twenty. Writing in the voice of another person.

--

Words From The Other Side


Of course
I don't hate you or
forget you but
I cannot change my mind
At this time

Yes I too have my
silly head problems and
Cannot get past this block
But one day I'll wake up
who knows
and remember you for you

Now, I can only love you
From afar.

--

Disclaimer: These are poems I won't be spending a lot of time on. As such, I don't expect perfection (neither do I need it). However feel free to tell me what you think about them, and if you enjoy certain lines more than others - I'm quite OK with constructive criticism!

Are you participating in NaPo? Do you write poetry? Feel free to comment below and leave a link to your day one poems, and any general comments you wish to leave.

Comments

  1. Interesting poem Kerri!
    NaPoWriMo is almost coming to an end!

    Escaping through Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I caught up in the end :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for reading, I'd love to know a little about your thoughts. Or you could just say hi! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Promises - Poem

The Little Prince Inspired Poem

Wrong Turn on a Holiday Walk